Jefferson City Oil Company was founded by Emil H. Roling, Emil S. Hopen, and Jacob B. Kolb in 1928 as a Marland Oil Company oil jobber.
Marland Oil became Continental Oil which eventually became Conoco. Conoco and Phillips Petroleum merged and Jefferson City Oil is Conoco’s oldest continuing distributor in the United States.
Jacob Kolb and his son Cletus eventually became sole owners of the company, with Cletus and his wife Margaret Kolb being the owners through the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.
Today, their sons John and Tom Kolb own and manage the company.
Midland Oil Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, was purchased from a Columbia/Jefferson City distributor in the late 1980’s and continues in operation today.
The company is a multi-county distributor in the central Missouri area supplying fuel and lubricants to the motoring public through convenience stores and through commercial accounts by tank-wagon or transport delivery.
Traditional values and service help Jefferson City Oil provide delivery of the ever changing products in the fuel and lubricant business into the 21st century.